Thursday, March 22, 2007

Interview Me Post from Thomma Lyn

So here's my Interview Post from Thomma Lyn - Thanks TL! This was fun! If anyone wants to play along, leave me an 'Interview me' in your comments and I'll think up 5 interview questions for you!

1. Tell me about a movie that's special to you, which you could watch again and again.
I hate watching movies over and over again. I'm a watch it once kind of girl... however I do make exceptions to 3 movies... Dirty Dancing - I think it's all because of the music and the sweep you off your feet - Nobody puts Baby in the corner romance. And don't laugh... but I can watch Spider Man 1 and 2 on repeat until the cows come home. My husband always laughs at me, because I know the words to the entire movies... but come on... I can't help it! The entire I love you, but I can't love you because if I admit to loving you, someone might hurt you - which would kill me - romance... I don't know, it's just something that always draws me. And that kissing scene where Spidey kisses her (which one right? You know which one I'm talking about! - The upside down, dirty, dingy, empty alley kiss) well that's just... *Sigh* I'm naturally a cheesy romantic.

2. What kind of music do you like?
I'm easy. Whatever is playing on the radio. ;) And I know that a lot of you play music while you write, I need perfect silence!

3. Tell me about an author you consider an influence in your own writing.
I think we all take little bits and pieces of things we admire, respect and love about another author. So I'm not sure if I could pick just one... but If I had to I would have to say Lori Foster. I will be happy if I can be half the writer that she is - okay three quarters. ;)

4. Do you like to cook?
I would prefer if someone else did it, but I don't hate it. I just always compare it to my moms... and we all know nobody does it like mom! But give me some flour for baking and get out of my way, because I swear to you I was born a baker! I think it's that my grandfather was a baker and my mom ate a lot of his goodies while pregnant with me... because I swear to you... if I crave it I can bake it. And I hate the boxed stuff!

5. When did you first think you would like to be an author?
A couple of years ago when I read this terribly written book and thought... no friggin' way was this published and all the ideas in my head just float around without a reader! :) It also helps to think that you could kill someone and get away with it! (By the way - I think this is the only profession that you can admit to that!) I truly believe you have to think this if you're a suspense author. If you can't convince yourself - what makes you think you can convince your readers? Nothing worse than a book you know the conclusion to on page 5! :)


Happy Writing!

7 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Great interview!
I'm not an author, but if you can think of some questions for me, I'll play along..

Vicky said...

:) Angela - I'll think of something good! :)

Amy Ruttan said...

Ooh good interview. Me no have no time. Maybe another day. ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Nice answers! Good practice for when your book is pub'd and Maureen interviews you for her "Chatting With..." series :)

I'm waiting for Amy to get interviewed, then I'll take a turn...

carly phillips said...

Oh, why not ... :)
Interview me.

Christine said...

I love Dirty Dancing! I haven't seen the sequel on principle. It just seems wrong on many levels. I'll happily show my daughters the original. :)

I love your interview. :)

Thomma Lyn said...

Hiya, Vicky! Gah, I'm so very sorry I'm so late responding. I've felt kind of under the weather the last few days and have been moving slow.

Anyhow, I wanted to say thanks for your great answers -- I enjoyed reading them tremendously! :) And I agree: Dirty Dancing was fun. :-D