Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hanging on!

So just hanging in... checking out your blogs whenever I can. Missing you all SO much that it's depressing! I have tomorrow off, so I will be getting back to my writing, or rather editing then. I hope my brain wakes up along with my body!

I was touched to be nominated by TL for the thinking blogger award. Thanks TL!!! Touched, and shocked. Quite honestly, I don't feel like I have said one smart thing in 4 months.... and I don't remember anything prior to that! My memory has been washed away! :) I'll definitely do the whole entire selecting 5 other bloggers, but I have to do it tomorrow - I need to think about this. ;) Until then I will try to live up to the title... okay... that can start tomorrow too. :)
As for the judging... just finishing off. I have to tell you that the last book I read was the first one in a very long time that I wasn't able to predict the ending to. Actually, I don't think I was anywhere near predicting it! Hell, I was playing ball in a completely different ball park - you know what I'm saying? That being said. I enjoyed it immensely! Adding it to my great books I've read mental pile. :)
All right... heading off to worky... by the way the house hunt is not as fun as I remembered it! Probably because we're looking for houses in Oshawa and we live in Toronto... so every time we go off to see one it's a couple of hours of a drive. I know it will be worth it in the end. I just know it will!

10 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

I grew up in Whitby ... but I know that is way too expensive now, but watch out I might have to tease you for leaving in the Shwa ... though I shouldn't since Leah lives there.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I love books whose endings I can't predict. And you're welcome -- congrats, Thinking Blogger! :)

Wylie Kinson said...

Oshawa??!! Nooooo!
Come to Newmarket so I can babysit!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Woah, driving 2 hrs to house hunt doesn't sound that fun to me either.

Vicky said...

Amy - I love Oshawa and Whitby! North Oshawa especially next to Brooklyn - which I can only dream to afford!

As for Newmarket - hmmm... you planted a seed. I think my husband would be a lot less bitchy if we moved there. :) Definitely a plus!

Amy Ruttan said...

Go with Newmarket. I like Newmarket, it's a beautiful little community. Better than the "shwa!"

Ok, I better be quiet on that. Oshawa isn't that bad ... I just grew up in Whitby there's a rivalry there. I mean come on, the Oshawa Generals went to highschool in Whitby not Oshawa.

Ok, I'll stop my rant. Newmarket's a good choice. Or better yet, how about London? you'd be closer to Alberta.

Henri de Montmorency said...

Hmmm...this thinking award. How much thinking do you have to do to get it? I'll have to think about it.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm just stalking you to let you know you won second prize in the Love's Blessings and chocolate contest, and I need email and snailmail so you can have your prizes.
Ugh--this sounds totally like spam. It's not, I promise! Ask MG Braden!
Immi
x

Angela/SciFiChick said...

You haven't been on much, but I tagged you for another meme anyway..

Amy Ruttan said...

I tagged you as well!