Wednesday, May 23, 2007

When it rains it... well... when it rains eventually it has to stop and the sun has to come back out!


Isn't that the way the saying goes? Well, that's how I remember it anyways! :)

Today was one of those days...

I haven't been feeling all that right for the past couple of days so my doctor sent away for some tests... which of course takes DAYS - which doesn't sound like a long time... but this morning I woke up thinking I was going to die! Just die! I can laugh about how fast my wonderful husband bolted out of bed and rushed me to the hospital NOW... but in the morning it was not that funny! Anyways... it turns out that somehow I have a severe kidney infection... how, when, and how can not be explained by me at all... apparently I missed that memo! Anyways, it wasn't the ideal way of waking up... but after some great doses of antibiotics and making sure that everyone was good at work to cover some of my next couple of days... oh yeah... and lots of sleep... I planted my ass in my bed with Wylie's book! :) See where my sun is coming out to shine!!!

I read it from front to back... no interruptions... in complete silence. I was SOOOO engrossed with the book I actually forgot about how shitty I felt! Wylie - it was AWESOME! I loved the characters... well... Simon and Ellis! Hated Cynthia from the start... bitch! :) It was such a wonderful story! Absolutely loved it! If you haven't already read it... you don't know what your missing and seriously need to devote yourself to some reading. Check out the book at Ellora's Cave or just go visit Wylie on her blog... but seriously do yourself a favour and read this book!
I'll be hanging around here for the next couple of days, so I think I might work backwards and dig into Bella Fiore... I read your little excerpt... and was hooked at... that's right my lovers with an S! :) Ummm... yeah... I think I need these next couple of days to myself.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and I'll be catching up on my blogger reading in the next couple of days... hopefully... I won't be conked out from the meds! :)

8 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Vicky - I'm so sorry to hear about your awful kidney infection. Did they give you antibiotics? Just in case you're nervous... I had to go on meds when I was pregnant (ear/throat/sinus infection - SEVERE!) and my kid is normal. Well...
Yes, definitely normal :)

Thanks for reading DbD and I'm glad you liked it. Please spare yourself Bella Fiore. It's straight EROTICA, (no romance) and if I may say so, not worth your time.
No, I'm not being self-depricating... I really mean it. Go read Alien Overnight by Robin Rotham, or if you haven't read The Claiming of Moira Shine (also EC) - DO IT NOW!! It's really really really good.

Hope you feel better!! :)

Vicky said...

Wylie - Almost normal kids huh? :) Thanks for that... I was worried about the antibiotics, but the state I was in didn't leave options for anything else!

And yeah... yeah... I will read other books... but I'm seriously going to read Bella Fiore. If the book is half as good as the excerpt then it will be awesome! Stop all the negativity! And what makes you think I won't like straight erotica? I need to get some form of it in my life... after that wonderful infection I told my husband that he won't be coming near me until at least a year after the baby is born! I have a feeling I'll be eating my words... but it sounded plausible when I said it straight out of the hospital! :)

Unknown said...

Ouch Vicky! Sending major cyber HUGS your way to make you feel better.

I read DBD in one sitting too. I was so sucked in by the characters I had to know what happened to them. Loved it!

Amy Ruttan said...

Ooh I had a kidney infection, but I wasn't preggers. Is everything ok there?

Ya, don't worry about the drugs. With my first I was barfing so much I had to take a strong drug for months to stop dry heaving.

Here's another selection to put on your TBR (even though you should read Wylie's first regardless of what she says!!!) Red Garnier's SPIN DEVIL. It's good!

Hope you feel better. I've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Vicky! Arrgh, I'm so sorry to hear about the kidney infection. I hope you're feeling better soon!

And yes, DbD is awesome! I loved Simon and Ellis, too. :)

Wylie Kinson said...

*blushing*
You guys better stop or I'll start believing all the hype and get a head as big as my ass. Then I'd have to widen all the doors in my house.

NO, Vicky. I FORBID you to read BF. It's NOT good. It's really really not and I don't want you to have a sour taste in your mouth after liking DbD!! Just sit tight til I write another, kay?

Angela/SciFiChick said...

How weird. My roomate just found out she has a bad kidney infection too! And the only symptom she had was a really sore back.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Vicky, I hope you're doing better! Long time, no see. If you've got Blogger's Block, don't worry, I tagged you for a meme, but only do it if you feel like it or are just in the mood to do something goofy.

I look forward to seeing you in Blogland again! You are missed. :)