Saturday, April 21, 2007

Setting me some goals... maybe Christine's organizational and goal setting skills are finally rubbing off on me! :)

Okay... enough stalling! I woke up determined today... with voices yelling in my head! I have to finish the second round of edits! Then I thought... holy _____ (fill in the blanks) I still have the competition to judge - which by the way I still have only read the first two pages (many times - because I keep starting over!) I love the Kiss of Death competitions! I get introduced to so many wonderful new authors - yet... I'm in no rush to get started! WHY?!!

So I decided today on three damn commitments for May. Three! I figured I should take baby steps since I haven't been keeping any of them for the past three months! Okay so here they are...


1. Come hell or high water I will be at the May meeting! Seriously! I feel like it's been ages since I've seen all of you! Wait - it has been! I haven't seen you guys since the Test The Nation taping. Which by the way, does anyone know the airing date? Anyways I was looking up the meeting details, and noticed that this meeting is being hosted by a screenwriter... hmmm... interesting. Does anyone know this Nika person? Is she part of TRW? It will definitely be interesting hearing someone other than book authors talk about characterization. I'm intrigued. Who's going to be there? Tell me you all will!


2. I will finish (and start) reading these damn books by the end of next week! April 28. There! I will then give myself 2 days to get my comments on paper... and then that's it! I'm sending the suckers off!


3. I know the above goal was technically for April, but if I can finish it by then I can concentrate on my real May goal! TRYING (yes Amy it's that important, and in all honesty I don't know how well I'll succeed with my concentration level ;) to finish the second round edits on Mafia Blood. It's killing me that I don't even know where I stashed the 300 some odd pages of print outs and edits for the book (and yes... before anyone starts with me... I know I kill trees!) I cleaned my house for the real estate agent thinking that I probably wouldn't even be touching them until October... I hid them so well I don't even know where to begin! So step one is finding them. Cross your fingers I can concentrate for more than five minutes without wanting to scream and pull my hair out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your commitments, Vicky! You sound like a busy gal. And I hear you on the concentration thing -- when I've got a lot going at once it makes me downright spazzy.

Vicky said...

TL - Like I wasn't feeling the pressure before... tonight when I opened my e-mail I see a warning time for the Daphne competition! I swear the title was... only a few more days left! Yikes!

Amy Ruttan said...

Goodluck with the commitments. They can be hard to keep with EDJ's and now pregnancy make you want to sleep your life away.

I'm sure you'll do it. Love the picture of that cat that's freaky.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm an infulence on someone! :)

Don't stretch yourself now that you're pregnant. You're going to need all that energy.

Good luck with the judging too. I'm sure you'll get through it all

Wylie Kinson said...

Hi Vicky --
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate! Oh, but wait a minute... you're eating for two. hehehehe
(bad preggers humor)

I'll see you in May for sure, barring any disasters or sick children. :)